James Dever has been a practicing attorney for over 40 years. He is an active member of the Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia bars. He has primarily been a litigation attorney active in the fields of commercial, corporate, construction and collection litigation. He has extensive experience and has had many jury and non-jury trials and arbitrations in all three jurisdictions.
Mr. Dever understands and is attentive to the needs of his clients. His extensive and diverse practice and common sense has enabled him to keep his client’s interests paramount and achieve excellent results for them for many years.
Mr. Dever has been married over 40 years and has two grown sons who are college graduates, live in the area, and have been very successful. His wife has a master’s degree, and she is a Program Manager for the Maryland School of Nursing at the Universities Shady Grove location. He lives in Potomac, Maryland and has been active in his community. He was a two-term President of his homeowner’s association of 300 homes. He has also coached youth teams in soccer, basketball, and baseball and was an official in the Montgomery County Swim League.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law 1976
- B.A. in Economics, Ohio Wesleyan University, 1971
Admission to Practice
- Commonwealth of Virginia 1977
- District of Columbia 1980
- Maryland 1981
- U.S. District Court for Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Maryland
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- Maryland Commercial Bar Section